Solved

Digital signature

• 5 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

With 15.4 SU3 there is a new option to add a digital signature. From the 3 dots menu, select Digital Signature. A screen opens for you add a signature. When you click Submit, the signature is attached to the service order.

Could you explain the use cases for this option ?
How can we use this digital signature (only for internal resources) ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 10 December 2023, 14:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

As you noted, it allows capturing an image of a signature by drawing on the screen.  Use cases would likely vary between companies.

In the case of the service order, you could use this to have a confirmation the agent who was working on the service order in the backend actually signed off instead of someone just attributing the labor activity to them.

Another possibility I would think is add this signature to custom reports possible for presentation to the customer.  (similar in concept for customer sign off on mobile work orders).

I have not found any documentation of the usage suggestions but these are a couple of things I can think of.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I received some additional information on this from R&D:

Digital Signature Capture from Service Orders functionality existed in old versions but was initially removed in V15. A major Alliance customer upgraded from V11.5 to V15.4 and did not find this functionality. Based on a management request Digital Signature was returned back to standard and then customized for that customer to support some specific signature capture pads.

This basically aligns with my thoughts above in my opinion.