Solved

Delivery Type Field - Mobile to Back Office

• 6 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We would like to make further use of the Delivery Type field on mobile.  This is when a mobile user is ordering materials.  The value which is selected does not display in the General Queue for the backordered part.  Is there a reason for this or a setting that needs to be changed?  We would like the field to behave like the Priority field.

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 12 April 2023, 07:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Nick.

I just tested this functionality on our QAC environment which is v15.4 SU4 + fixes for the upcoming SU5 and Mobile Edge deployed there.  When I look at the General Queue after ordering materials via Mobile Edge for the same part using different demands specifying different delivery types, I could see this in the General Queue.  ( I rearranged the columns for easy visibility.)

As you can see I was able to specify the delivery type per material demand and they are visible.

I have not yet found a setting that controls this but this demonstrates it is already possible.

One thing I would watch out for is whether you are using a language layer that may not have a value for the delivery type descriptions.  I have seen this with other types of data for other customers. To test this aspect, make sure your user is set to English in the backend (Not English UK) and view the General Queue again.

Also, if you create the material in the backend via IMO in the demand, can you see the delivery type in the General Queue?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Phil, thank you for your response and suggestions.  We have done some more testing and found that it does not make a difference if the back order is placed through Mobile or the backend via the service order, the delivery type column is blank for both entries when using the General Queue module.  That said, if we look at the backorder request generated from mobile on the service order, the delivery type shows the correct value.  It sounds like we’ll need to submit a support ticket to investigate this further, but thanks again for confirming that it should behave as desired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Nick,

Yes, you should log a ticket. From this information, it looks like the DAL query for the General Queue needs to be fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Nick,     (@sordillo316 )

I think there might be some confusion on what the issue is from your perspective.  My test was looking at whether the material demands created by the mobile client were visible from the General Queue.

Looking more closely, you seem to want visibility of the delivery type that was supplied via the mobile client also populated on the IMO which is from warehouse to warehouse.

What you defined on the client is the final leg of the logistic process to fulfill the service order to the customer.  So, if you change the filter on the General Queue, does it show the delivery types for the request ID:  CS2303060019@@3   not just CS2303060019@@3-2.

My confusion came from that backorders are not always necessarily an IMO request between warehouses but also could be from warehouse direct to the customer and I was checking the final logistics leg of the process, not IMO.

Whether this should be populated on the IMO or not, we will hear from R&D but I don’t believe so as the IMO does not have a Delivery Type field per the UI.  It does have an expected delivery date but not delivery type.

Example of what General Queue sees in v15.4.2 with IMO backorder and direct ship backorder: