Solved

Customizer: moving fields between sub-pages

• 4 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have been asked by my team if it is possible to move some fields from one sub-page to another. Specifically they want the field Billable moved from the Material Info page to the Material page. for Service Orders I have been able to move fields (within a given page or between sub-pages) by deleting them and adding them again in the desired location. But not Billable.

I assume this is because this field as additional logic to it (if you chose Fixed the Price field automatically appears)? To be precise - I can move the fields, but the functionality is gone (value is NULL)

icon

Best answer by Andrew D'Antonio 4 November 2021, 19:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m not sure that I would recommend moving standard fields from one screen to another because there is logic in the system that drives the behavior of specific fields.  Without looking at the code, it’s not possible to see which fields have existing logic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Andrew is correct. We saw this already when trying to move the Billable flag in the material demands.  That field has logic behind it to modify other sets of data and also even insert another field on the screen when set to Fixed so you can capture a fixed unit price.