Solved

Contract cancellation challenge... Astea 15.4

• 29 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Here’s the scenario: a contact is renewed for 12 months (from 01.04.2023 to 30.04.2024) and invoiced for the period of 01.04.2023 to 30.09.2023. But then we need to cancel the contract from 12.02.2023 (prior to renewal). We are not allowed to cancel a contract outside of the current active period. And we can not cancel the renewal as it has been invoices in the current period.

I have tried to create a credit note towards the invoice for period 01.04.2023 - 30.09.2023. But this does not “roll back” the invoice on the contract.

Any advice about this? Or do we just have to cancel from the earliest possible time (01.04.2023)?

UPDATE: in 15.2 we were asked if we wanted to cancel EVEN if it was invoiced in active period

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 29 March 2023, 12:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Presumably you have also invoiced the contract from the original coverage meaning up to the end of 2023 (segment A) so the renewal part of contract is now covering from April 2023 (segment B).

Yes, I can see the application will not allow you cancel during segment A as  segment B is now in effect and you have already invoiced segment B until end of September (6 months).  You can only cancel the contract now in segment B meaning 1 April 2023.

You will likely need to issue a credit note for the payments in segment A to refund the customer and I believe cancelling on 1 April will result in a days credit note for segment B.

I have not tried this out but this is what I think will have to happen as you cannot cancel a renewal where parts of it are already invoiced and can’t cancel prior to the renewal date.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Phil

Same that I find. The backoffice team are VERY insistent that they could do this in 15.2 (I have no way to verify).

Is it possible to check with R&D that this has been changed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Even if this were possible, this is not how the design currently works.  I have just checked this in QAC (v15.4 SU4+) and it behaves the same way as you are experiencing.

I suspect that v15.2 was allowing something it should not have been allowing.

I have run through the scenario that I tested in QAC also now on a standard v15.2 HF4 (your last v15.2 version).

It did not object when I tried to cancel the contract during the first segment but also did not complete (so far) the billing and looks to be an infinite loop and does not continue.  After refreshing, nothing had changed on the contract.  I tried this both on the Web Employee Portal and Astea Browser.

I can’t see how it worked at all if this is hanging when I try it on the standard 15.2 HF4 environment.  However, it did not give an immediate warning this should not be possible as the current design does at this time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Phil. I will inform my team.