Solved

Can I turn off "Erase Contact Data"?

• 29 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

In the Contacts module, there is now an “Erase Contact Data” option (V15.4.2.0) but it clears all active and history for that Contact and we do not want our users to use it.

Is there a way to hide that option altogether?  Or control who can see it? or just prevent a user from using it?

We tried just turning off the Delete option for Contacts in Security setup, but that did not affect this feature at all.

Any advice would be welcome, thank you

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 29 September 2023, 11:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

You should be able to do this using the Security Setup module to set a custom permission.

The ID is tdEraseContact.

After I disabled it this way and logged in with a user assigned to the role, it is showing disabled:

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Brilliant! (as always), thank you Phil.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Chris,

Glad to help.  Please note, as you are using 15.4 SU2, you will use the Customizer in the Astea Browser.  For other users who may not be familiar, find the Contacts module in the security role in the top pane and right click to add the custom permission.

The screen in the earlier answer was for v15.4. SU4 & higher Customizer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello Chris.

Just a note. There should be another option like hide/invisible just to avoid questions like why the option is disabled for me and how to enable it.

Badge +6

Hi Chris,

You should be able to do this using the Security Setup module to set a custom permission.

The ID is tdEraseContact.

After I disabled it this way and logged in with a user assigned to the role, it is showing disabled:

Hi Phil , Do we have a list of ID's just like tdEraseContact.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

I am not aware of a compiled list of ID’s.

It is possible to look up the ID’s using the Chrome browser with the method describedd in this topic;

It is what I did to find it for Chris’ question above.