Solved

Best way to desactivate Geolocalization in mobile edge

• 29 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi

At the end of the day, a service agent cloud let the application ON in the background even if the application is not open.

I assume that in this situation, Alliance could “track”  the Service agent.

So, what is the best way for a technician to turn off the GPS ? what action desactivate the GPS ?
Clock out ?  
Logout ?
Communication : Disabled GPS ? (of course yes I assume)
Other ?
The goal : To prevent the company from tracking its technicians outside office hours even if they leave the application open. 

Thanks and Regards
Anthony

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 29 November 2022, 19:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Anthony,
The quickest way for the techs would be to Clock-Out on the mobile device at the end of their shift (and ideally they should also be doing this on their lunch break during the day as well), that turns off the GPS tracking and it also updates the status on the Dispatch Console in the Alliance application which will prevent them from getting other escalated calls assigned to them because they are not clocked in and using the system.  This may require a little training, however, if they’re forgetting to Log Out of the application at the end of their shift they they might not remember to Clock Out as well.  But that would be my recommendation for the easiest way to track them while they’ve indicated that they are working.  If you want to give them access to disable the Location Tracking from within the Mobile Edge application you can adjust MOE -10131 to a value of 3, this will give them a Toggle in the Communication Diagnostics module where they can turn that on/off whenever they want…my concern would be that they are probably more likely to forget to turn it on/off than they would to Clock Out or Log Out at the end of their shift, but it’s another option:

Last, there’s a Timers setting in the Configuration Editor where you specify the amount of time that the GPS data will remain in the database (this won’t stop the GPS data from being captured on the mobile client but it can be adjusted to a smaller timeframe which will remove the data after a specified duration so techs won’t have to worry about their location details being accessible or visible to others once that time period has passed):

Thanks,
Reid