Solved

Attachements not uploading on service order v 15.2 (UAT)

• 1 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

When trying to attach a photo on mobile, we get the following error (Transaction failed). There does not seem to be anm error message on the server for this: 

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 3 November 2021, 15:30

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

This may not be the issue but just double-checking, you have allowed the file extension in your system for the globals under the profile, right?

Also note the UploadFileMaxSize as well.  I believe your file of 611KB is larger than your definition no?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Phil - yes. I just checked this, and .jpg is an allowed type. Tested from both iPhone/iPad and Android - both fail

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There should be an error in the Windows Event Log in the application’s profile log.  Can you please check and paste the error in here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Phil - we have the default value: 51 200 kb. So it should be sufficent.

There is no error in the log - turning Debug Mode on shows no entries that seem to have anything to do with this. The error I get on the mobile is 

I have checked the app security settings, and Astea Mobile has access to camera and files

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hej Bjørn,

Ok then you need to do some debugging… on the Alliance server, enable the Astea Mobile Debug event log so it can capture the API’s etc. that are sent.  Also on the mobile client, in the communication settings, enable capture logs.

As this is the upload failing, I would not expect events in the normal application profile event log but perhaps there are some in the Astea Mobile event logs.

One last thing, confirm you have the latest Alliance Mobile app deployed from the Google Play Store.

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

...As this is the upload failing, I would not expect events in the normal application profile event log but perhaps there are some in the Astea Mobile event logs...

Since the mobile application communicates to Alliance during attachment upload, any reason for the attachment failure will be logged to the profile event log as well; so please capture the Alliance profile log as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

After speaking with mobile development (Reid), he suggested capturing the Windows Application event log and also the IIS event log can be reviewed to see if errors such as 404, 500 are present.  If this is the case, the API’s never get to the profile event log to generate events. It does not hurt to capture anyway.  We can review this along with installing the Windows Native app for mobile to test outside of Android as well. 

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Phil - I can’t make heads or tails of this. Seems that the error is local on the mobile device. I have enabled logging on my phone, but when I send the logs - where do I capture them? 

I cannot find anything in any other logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

We have resolved this issue with you by upgrading your Mobile Edge 15.3.1.

Once this was done, we confirmed that using the Windows native client and also on your Android device, you were able to upload new attachments, see them in the backend and also download attachments to view on your mobile client.

This issue was resolved by updating to the latest Mobile Edge that was sent to you.  There is a later version (15.3.2) which we can discuss sending the update to you as well.

Phil