Solved

Alliance15.4 - mass deletion of Contacts?

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Question from my team (I could not immediately find anything): is it possible to do a mass-deletion of Contacts? They would like to delete all contacts that are Inactive (several thousand)

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 24 April 2023, 16:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

As far as I am aware, we don’t have a tool to delete all the inactive contacts.  This is reference data that is may be currently linked to historical records and probably should not be deleted.  (e.g. caller for a service order, contact for a contract, etc.).

However, there is a process where you can erase data (at least from the UI) which would basically removed identifiers to the contact (primarily for GDPR purposes I believe).  Perhaps you can see if this works for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Also, you found there is a Contact_Delete template.  I suspect that this will delete the contacts in your list which are not linked to demands but will not remove all of them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Update: I used the Contacts(Delete) import template. It deleted most of the contacts (about 80% in this instance), but did not delete contacts with associated demands, shipping lines etc. So this works great (as expected)