Solved

Alliance V15.4 Offer with Flat Rate > Field Quotation

• 7 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,
When you create an offer (release as a service order) , you have to define a Node and You can set

• a flat rate
  • a problem code with a service guide

Then if you use this offer in a field quote,

the flat rate is retrieved on the header of the field quote with the price of the flat rate but the global price of the field quotation seems to also take in account the price of the lines (inheritated from the service guide). is it normal ?

If I understood correctly (?)  If you put a flat rate on an offer, the behaviour expected will be to only have this global price in the field quotation, unless you add new lines.
Is it correct ? or what is the meaning of a flat rate in an offer if you use it in a field quotation ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 7 October 2022, 10:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I was not able to reproduce the issue you describe or perhaps I am not following the same steps. What I did was:

• Create a problem code with a service guide contain a labor and material demand to autoload for service orders.

The material demand definitely has a price associated to it in the price book used for my customer:

Phil-Part-01 has a price of 100.00
  • Created an offer using Offering Center with this problem code defining it as Flat Rate  with a fixed price of 1000 for the node of the customer to whom I will make the offer.

• Created a Field Quotation using this offer in the definition and approved it.

Note the total price reflects the fixed price of 1000 that I defined in the offering.  The lines in the offer do not show a value:

When I released this field quotation to a service order, the billing lines show:

This is how I expected it to work but not sure how you got the results you did.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your support.
We will investigate more, because you followed the same process, that I tested. 
Maybe a setting is missing or something else.

Regards