Solved

Alliance - Follow up activity V12 vs V15

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In the V12 : A technician can close his activity as “incomplete”, and on the completion screen, he unchecks the "remove from device" and then see his activity incomplete in his Work-List.

In V15, if incomplete and we do this process to uncheck the remove, there is a screen that appears to enter a Follow-up activity, not suitable for the customer.
The only way to keep the activity incomplete in the WL is to exit the activity after closing incomplete, with the Exit arrow at the bottom right, but this is only possible if you make the signature optional.

The customer wants the signature as mandatory.

And in addition he cannot start another activity (Prevent technician at two sites), which does not correspond to the customer's needs, explanation below

Could you explain how to have the same behavior that in V12 without the follow up activity ?

Thanks and regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Jacques Cormier 20 May 2022, 13:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Anthony,

The only way that I know is to have a mobile customization.  I had this done for one of my customers recently to not show the follow up activity if the only unfulfilled demands were materials and/or expenses.  You should log a ticket for a RFE if you want R&D to consider it for a future release, or you can log a ticket for a Custom dev to get it sooner.  Universal and Edge do not have the same capabilities and some features from Universal were not adapted to Edge because of a different framework.

I hope that this answers your question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for your answer.

Just to be sure I understood correctly : when you said you made a customization : You don’t want to say with the mobile customizer ?
For your customer case it was a customization by a development wasn’t it ? 

Regards

antony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Yes, Jacques means a development customization, not a mobile customizer customization.

Kind regards,

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Anthony,

Phil is correct.  If something can be done with Mobile Customizer or Alliance Customizer, then I will explain how to do these because they are within your control.  Else, all customizations without referring to either Customizer, it means that development has to be involved.   I will try to add more clarification in the future so that there is no doubt in anyone’s mind.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Jacques, Phil,

Thanks for your clarification :) 

Regards

Anthony