Solved

Alliance 15.4 Consumable parts in mobile edge

• 19 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,
For a customer process, I have to declare serialized parts consumed by the technician.
These parts are not managed in inventory.

The goal is only to manage parts (serialized and not serialized product) and declare a part used during a service order.

In the Backend, we can use Consumable Product and Fullfilled a material demand on this part.

But, with​ mobile edge I can’t display and select a consumable serialized product.
Do you know a way (settings)  to do that with mobile edge ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 19 December 2022, 12:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have not tested this but could you try adding a Materials Catalog row for the MOE the field engineer is assigned?  This is supposed to be a list of materials the engineer will have access?

In addition, note the last sentence that you can SEARCH SERVER as that also may help you in this case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We’ve used serialized consumable inventory from mobile for many years. I’m not aware of any MOE setting to prevent showing in mobile and agree with Phil about the Max Material Catalog. There is also a limit to the number of inventory items downloaded to mobile and if mobile users have the default warehouse set to a large depot/repair warehouse it may not show. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, Kyle.

For reference, I believe the limit to the number of inventory records you referenced is controlled on a SERVER MOE with this setting:

In theory, there is some intelligence trying to find the most recently used inventory and to put those on the top of the queue for download to the device.  Of course, it is not best practice to link the mobile engineer default warehouse to large warehouses as mentioned by Kyle.  Our recommended process is to create VAN warehouses instead and manage inventory transactions that way.

However, in the case Anthony presented, these are not inventory products so I don’t think this would be applicable thus why I suggested using Material Catalogs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

Thanks @Phil Seifert @ktolkacevic   for your help.

I tried to use a material catalog, but in my use case i’m not sure that we could know the list of product.

As far as I know, the behavior is different between the Backend and Mobile edge for a serialized / non inventory and consumable product.
The other way I tried is to use “serialized in usage” products. I don’t have the need of this setting, but in this case, it works in mobileedge like in backend without a material catalog.

Thanks and Regards

anthony