Solved

15.4 pushservice

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI we have encountered this morning on customer site an issue with the pushservice which was in “red” below a copy screen (it is in now  “green” as we have solved the issue)

could you tell me how we can monitor this issue ? i have seen that we have in V15.4 an asteaalliance150_serverstatus website but i haven’t found any documentation about this website and the system ask me for a login /password

thanks for your feedback

Christophe

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 20 September 2023, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I reproduced the same results as you for the website asking for a login and also did not find any documentation available.

Given this, I have inquired with R&D now about the ServerStatus website regarding both the login and documentation.

For automated monitoring, I am not sure this will help.  I knew we used an external tool for some of our hosted customers which allowed configured macros for a  set of instruction for actions to perform and results evaluated.  I don’t recall if they also checked the validity of the connection status between the DC and the client who logged in or not.  I will check if this was possible as a solution for your monitoring question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

The password is contained as a hashed value in the serverstatus web.config.  You should be able to decrypt this for the user that is defined there as well using a decryption tool per the type of encryption defined in the file.

Once able to log in, you will have options for two views:

Idle

and Online

However, I don’t think this will assist you with the Dispatch Console as that is not using any of these services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I discussed this further with R&D and they confirmed there are no utilities/tools to monitor the status of the DC supplied with the application for monitoring.

As noted above, the ServerStatus website does not cover the Dispatch Console.