Solved

What are the reasons for the error: "(!!!Error, no database connection exists)" in a delivery failure?

• 6 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

One of the customers had a delivery failure (PROD) due to a DB connection issue. There weren't any issues in non-prod delivery installation. The error shows (!!!Error, no database connection exists). 
The customer is asking whether there are any corrective actions that could be taken in order to avoid the same error in the future for the same environment followingly other environments as well and also asking the reason for this connection timeout.

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 7 October 2022, 14:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Inisha Subasinghe,

The error is pretty much self explanatory, and suggests that the database went down or there was a connectivity issue. Therefore, we can conclude that this is not an issue with the delivery as the delivery got installed on other environments as well, without any issue.

To avoid this kind of issues, there is a step in the IFS installer to enter the IFSSYS password to validate the connection before the delivery installation. However, if any database connectivity or availability issues occur during the database deployment phase of the delivery, this kind of errors can still occur.

Therefore we can advise customers to perform activities such as this during proper maintenance windows so that there will be minimal interruptions and make other personnel informed of the activity so that there won’t be any conflicts. Also it would be a good practice to prepare a check-list that includes some pre-checks that need to be done before installing a delivery so that they will be able to find out if there is a chance of getting any database connection or any other issues such as this.

Other than this, I can’t think of any technical corrective actions that can be taken to avoid this kind of issues. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m getting the same error over and over during Deployment of a fresh installation. Build Home is on the same server like database and nobody than me is working on that VM. The VM was freshly prepared for me.

Other customer VMs does not have this issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

HI @Bernd Osterkamp ,

I have the same fenomen, by an upgrade installation. Did you find out what was the cause of the issue?

/Theo

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

HI @TheofilLepschy,
I told the customer to completely deactive any Anti-Virus measurement. Even if they deactivated the software it was still some kind of active and let me run into this error.

After the software was removed properly the installed was done without an error.

Regards

Bernd

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Bernd Osterkamp,

thanks for sharing! 

My Customer has the database on Linux, but it could be the antivirus software on the management server, I’ll check that.

BR