Upgrade IFS Cloud - Aurena vs IEE

• 25 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We have started an analysis and mapping process for the functions and features of IEE that change or are lost in Aurena. We are planning on starting the upgrade process later this year and have already opted to skip V10 altogether for reasons of support and near end of life.  The problem we are seeing is that IFS Cloud with Aurena only is not fully featured enough at the start to replace our current business model within IFS.  We are on V9 UD13 with only a couple of small MODs, but heavy customization use and our own built interfaces to other applications.  I’m sharing our analysis document that is drawn from a couple of IFS presentations as well as some threads here on the IFS Community as the point where I’m drawing the information.  I’m finding things are evolving with each release, so the document will of course change, but thought it might be useful for some just starting to dip their toes into this area.  I didn’t want to highjack other threads on this subject so starting a new one.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

That’s a very comprehensive list. You’ve done a good job in compiling that :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @ShawnBerk,
Thank you for sharing the valuable inputs as noted. I have also summarized some user experience differences in transitioning from EE to Aurena based on later updates from R&D

Hope this will be useful for the ones interested.