Question

Updating Errors

• 22 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Our IFS system is updating itself every day.

Even though we have not received any updates, our program is showing errors within the system without updating itself. (Attachment 1)

If you have received this error and have found a solution, we are looking forward to your help.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi abdulsamed.d,

I can’t see any error in your screenshot.

What do you mean with “updating”? Do you mean downloading the application parts every day?

Regards

Bernd

Badge +1

Hi abdulsamed.d,

I can’t see any error in your screenshot.

What do you mean with “updating”? Do you mean downloading the application parts every day?

Regards

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Yes, that's what I meant. My IFS version changes every day, which allows me to receive updates. However, we are not performing any operations that would require an update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Ok, so some things to clarify the reason/behavior

1. Downloading IFS Application forms (DLL) does not necessarily mean that there is an update. These downloads also happen when the client is not already cached on your computer. If you are working in a Citrix environment or your profile is cleared everyday this will also happen. IFS offers different deployment methods and it seems like you need to speak to your administrator to identify the reason for the not cached client. If you can’t find a solution with your administrator than another deployment model can be an option.

2. The message you are receiving is not an error. It just states that the application has not been certified correctly but is still downloadable/useable.