Question

Std Report migration from IFS v8 to v10

• 22 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

hi,

We are upgrading to V10, current standard reports in 8 needed to be imported to 10. Some suggested the version change is not an issue just needed to update the layout in 10. We have minor customisation on these reports and don't have developer license so cant do any changes to run in version 10. 

1. Will the reports work as it is in v10 if no customisation done in v8 reports
  2. with customisation what are the chances report may work in 10

thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Brijesh410,

Global:

I’m not completely sure on this one, but currently you most likely have a number of reports that have an extension xsl. These might or might not work. Some of them need to bu updated to a new format (extention rpt). This is the reports are still active and Report Designer has been used (in Report Definition column Layout Type contains ‘Report Designer’).

1. I think it depends on the size of the customization. If it concerns only layout moved a bit to the right or left. Or ie a column is hidded. This should be upgraded without a problem (although my global remark may come in place).

I hope someone with more actual experience might help out.

Steve

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Brijesh410,

Global:

I’m not completely sure on this one, but currently you most likely have a number of reports that have an extension xsl. These might or might not work. Some of them need to bu updated to a new format (extention rpt). This is the reports are still active and Report Designer has been used (in Report Definition column Layout Type contains ‘Report Designer’).

1. I think it depends on the size of the customization. If it concerns only layout moved a bit to the right or left. Or ie a column is hidded. This should be upgraded without a problem (although my global remark may come in place).

I hope someone with more actual experience might help out.

Steve

Thank you for the reply, format is .rpt so that must work.