Solved

Possible scenarios for jump over to UPD22 straight from UPD18.

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 8 replies

Dear all, we are having installed UPD20 in our DEV instance of IFS10. This updated contains some difficulties with PDF straight printing from Windows. Now we are thinking to  get Upd22 and install it straight into TEST instance to check if all issues are gone. THe problem is that our current TEST contains UPD18 and release 44. Would it be possible to jump over Upd20, 21 and go straight to UPD22 in our TEST? Thanks a lot for an explanation.
Product Version: UPD18
Business Impact: This is a general issue with PDF printing straight from IFS.IFS.

icon

Best answer by Vageesan 5 February 2024, 19:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi @LXK ,

Yes, you can update to the latest version of UPD22. But, please note the process of updating your application will be initiated in your DEV environment and it cannot by installed directly into your TEST environment. The update process usually works as in DEV installation (Update Team) > BnT Installation (Delivery Team) > TEST Installation (Customer side). Once the BnT installation and delivery is completed, the release will be available in the FTP location only for 30 days. Then, you have to download and proceed with the TEST and PROD installation from your end.

Please refer to the below article to know about the step by step IFS Application version 10 Update process.

https://ifsworld.service-now.com/now/cwf/agent/kb_view/kb_knowledge/a8d30c871bfe29d0d48387b5604bcb2a

If you wish to update your application, you just need to create a case with IFS and in the description, mention that you need the latest UPD or the specific UPD you require. Usually, we recommend updating to the latest version (Current latest possible upd is UPD22), unless there is a specific reason from your end to not do so. 

Once the case is opened, the UPD team will keep you posted on the progress, and with the UPD delivery, you will receive a comprehensive instructions document on what steps to follow when installing the UPD delivery.

Thanks & Regards,

Vageesan

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear Vageesan thank you very much for an answer my doubt, 
Let me clarify why I’ve had mentioned about different IFS10 instances in our case scenarios currently:

1st IFS10 PROD - have installed UPD18
2nd IFS10 DEV - have installed UPD18 + release 44
2rd IFS10 TEST - have installed UPD18 + release 44.

The best for me would be to keep the same upd level across the instances and for that reason  my plan would be to install UPD22 straight to TEST environment to check if all PDF issues is gone. If all will be resolved then i will install it in DEV to check if all works too and as a last we will install it in PROD.
TO sum up and based on your explanation this is possilble option skip UPD19.20.21 and go straight to IFS service desk and ask them for na UPD22.

Many thanks for your help and comments.

best regards

Łukasz