Solved

Oracle errors while installing UPD8 in apps 10

• 23 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

During the installation of UPD8, we are encountering many errors of a similar nature:

!!!Error occurred while executing Plsql Block at 23-MAY-21 00:53:45
BEGIN
 Installation_SYS.Set_Projection_Snapshot_;
END;
ORA-06550: line 2, column 19:
PLS-00302: component 'SET_PROJECTION_SNAPSHOT_' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 2, column 2:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

The installer ran like this producing many error in the “logging window”, then eventually hung after about 14 hours. This did not occur during the 4 attempts of UPD8 in our test environments.

icon

Best answer by woprhowe 27 May 2021, 19:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @woprhowe 

Procedures Installation_SYS.Set_Projection_Snapshot_, Security_SYS.Grant_Inherited_Pres_Objs, and Database_SYS.Read_Projection_Snapshot_ were introduced from UPD7 and UPD6. Could you please make sure you are upgrading the environment from UPD7 to UPD8. If you are trying to upgrade the environment from an earlier UPD level, you need to install UPD7 first to install UPD8 without any issues.

Hope this helps you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@woprhowe  As per Ragaventhan explained, you need to check the delivery level including the UPD level before the installation. 

if you are reinstalling you need to restore the environment to a workinglevel.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you for all of the replies. As an FYI, we are deploying in sequence, as IFS delivered UPD7 & 8 to us in the same delivery. As it turns out, my problem stemmed from existing background jobs that were running when I initiated the installation and there were too many causing the system to prompt for an ignore or abort. In choosing ignore, I believe that I skipped some of the database scripts, thus failing the rest of the install. Upon setting the parameter “job_queue_processes” to 0 and re-running the installer, UPD8 installed without error in just under 3 hours.  The funny part of this is that I have installed UPD4, 5, 6 and now 7/8 multiple times in multiple environments, and this is the first time this issue has come up? Anyway, we are now running on UPD8 and looking forward to UPD9, armed with more knowledge of the system. Thanks again for all of the input and please consider this issue resolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Good to know you were able to resolve the issue.