Question

IFS Support / EOL

• 17 May 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi 

We currently run IFS V.9. Can anyone tell me the actual date that this goes end of life please / out of support. Also, is there a date for when V.10 also goes EOL please? Trying to decide whether to migrate to V.10 and how long we would be on it before needing to migrate to IFS cloud.

Many thanks, David

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi David - Apps10 is in standard support until 2025, and then extended support until 2028.

You can see the support and maintenance schedule here: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi - we have been told that IFS are not starting any migrations to V10 and it is all ‘Straight to the Cloud’ - I would be interested to hear if anyone has a different experience. 

We are based in the UK - though it should be a Global policy we have been advised.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Matthew - It really depends on the situation. If you’re using an older version but the intention is to go to Cloud, you may need to move to Apps10 first. This can just make the digital transformation easier (adopting Aurena, etc.). 

You can talk to your account manager ( @Jon Meredith ) about an upgrade readiness assessment to sort out what your migration path might look like. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi - my comment was more for advise to @stackdav - we have been told explicitly, by a previous account manager and also direct interaction at IFS HQ that migration to Apps 10 has been explicitly removed as an option at a global level. 

We are taking our baby-steps on the upgrade path - but I would agree the adoption of Aurena is the biggest challenge (revamped permission set, end user experience, loss of some functionality but addition of new) but then again it does save having to some things twice and get the ‘trauma’ over sooner.

Badge +2

Hi, thanks for all the comments. Is there anywhere that I can find out more about Aurena please? Is that part of v10 or Cloud (or both). So is it, or is it not possible to go from V9 to v10 still?

Thanks

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi - there are some posts in the community with information about Aurena (The Product Updates tab should have some of the presentations.

You can have Aurena and EE (Enterprise Explorer) in Apps 10 and only Aurena in the Cloud.

10 is a soft landing  for the end-user, you can manage the end-user experience migration. Useful if you have a diverse set of end-users