Question

IFS Cloud Review

• 26 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello anyone who would answer this question. Has anyone had a successful deployment of IFS cloud? We are unable to get statements out, database errors, printing issues, outside outside-hosted services. Nothing works out of the box and this is a miserable platform.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are you working with a partner?

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are and issues come down to base environment functionality.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are you new to IFS or upgrading?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have been working with it for a year. The absolute struggle to do anything with it. There is no such thing as out of box with this platform.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I think out of the box is a challenge for a product that offers so much flexibility/so many options!  I’m not sure any other platform would be any different. 

When we first moved to IFS (more than 20 years ago now) our original implementation project was 18+ months.  We did a re-implementation moving from IFS2003 to Apps9 back in 2017 and that was over 12 months from start to Go Live.  We are currently in the process of upgrading from Apps9 to Cloud which has been on the go for around 12 months - we started gently as there was no urgency from a business perspective.  It was just time to get moving to the latest platform.   

I’m not sure if that helps or not?  Our business may not be as complex as yours.  I guess I’m just trying to say I feel your pain - and this Community is an excellent resource, I’ve found.  

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It doesn’t support HP printers at the moment is one issue, random error messages with no details or meaning. This system is not great by any means. Basic email doesn't even work properly and I don't even want to go into the slug that print agent is.