Skip to main content
Question

IFS Cloud Deliveries and Updates

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m interested in getting some feedback from others that are on IFS Cloud regarding your experiences with major releases, service updates, and deliveries.

I wanted to include multiple questions/polls, but the forum will only let me include one poll. If you’d like to answer these additional questions by responding in the comments would be greatly appreciated.

#2 - How many major releases, service updates, or custom deliveries have you performed on your IFS Cloud (PRD) environment in the last 24 months?

#3 - Do you regularly install service updates or major releases and version releases only? If service updates, some or all?

#4 - How often has a delivery failed for you in one of the environments while the other environments were successful (e.g. A delivery is successful in CFG and UAT environments, but fails in PRD environment OR successful in CFG and then fails in UAT.) in the past 3/6/12 months?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

#2 - Applied 3 major RU’s in the past 2 years - 23R1.6 / 23R2.2 / 24R1.0

#3 - We only did RUs until now. If we have some cases/bugs with IFS Support that will be fixed in a superior SU then we normally wait until the next RU is available (we only found minor bugs so far and we didn’t do any SU for getting the minor fixes)

#4 - Never. Once a delivery is successfully deployed in CFG, we didn’t have any case when it would fail in the rest of the use places (UAT / TST / PROD)

Badge +3

Bummer, I was hoping for better interaction and results on this poll.