Question

IFS 22R1 Service update

• 9 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Team,

Below are my few queries regarding service updates:

1. Recently we applied the SU9 IFS 22R1 in our CFG environment. But after 2 weeks we found another service update SU10 is available. Also in one of IFS case its mentioned that there is a fix available in 22R1 SU11. I’m confused although 22R2 released on month of October still we are receiving service update in the older version 22R1. Till what extent this will continue.
  2. How long IFS going to support the old releases as in every 6 month one new release come up.
  3. Is there any recommendation of the version customer to go in production. As per standard practice it should n-1 or n-2 where n stands for the latest release. Is there any such recommendation from IFS?

Regards,

RR

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi RR

Service Updates will be released monthly for 24 months for every major release, that means that 22R1 will receive a total of 24 Service Updates. Service Updates are released on the Third Thursday of each Month. You can read more details about it here

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Anmise,

Thanks for the update. I got the response for point 1 and 2. Could you please throw some light on point#3.

Regards,

RR

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise,

Thanks for the update. I got the response for point 1 and 2. Could you please throw some light on point#3.

Regards,

RR

Normally I’d say that it is usually best to use the latest release but I’m not aware of any official recommendations (they may exist though, someone else may know). It is difficult to provide general recommendation for which release to use, because the best choice will depend on a variety of factors, such as the specific features and capabilities that you need. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi RRPATNAIK,
Here is a piece of advice based on our example and that I’d like to share with you.
We were on 22R1 SU8 when 22R2 was released in October (IFS Cloud Services).
Our Go Live is in January, and some could have thought that applying the latest major release before go live was a good idea, but we were in the middle of the UAT phase, and on the contrary we thought that is was preferable to go live with the same version that the one we had been testing for 1.5 month instead of upgrading to a not dry yet release at the last minute.
We are applying SU since then on 22R1 (SU 10 this week) and we will think quietly of 23R1 next spring after the rush of the go live.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi HDAL,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Regards,

Rashmi Ranjan Patnaik

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @RRPATNAIK 

Can you please make sure to mark the feedback as best solution to close this post?

Would be great.

Thanks and have a happy new year,

Tobias