Question

How do you log on as a user in SQL Developer (Cloud)

• 1 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

To test a script I need to log on as an end user to SQL Developer but I believe the application user and pass are different when logging on to Oracle database. How do I find the credentials to log on to SQL Developer as an end user? TIA

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi @athasanka ,

If you have the SQL developer installed, try out like below to login in the Database connection:

host:PORT/SID or SERVICE

Note: if you don’t know the credentials, It’s not possible to get access to the DB. In that case, please get the access to the DB via the Build Place. 

Also, refer to the below link for the step by step connection process,

https://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=en/database/oracle/sql-developer/23.1&id=RPTUG-GUID-3548F659-BB53-466A-849A-DFC0EB60B1E4

Thanks,

Vageesan

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @athasanka ,

Normal end user accounts are not created as Oracle user accounts in IFS Cloud. They will only live in IAM registry. Any scripts that needs to go in to the database would need to go in as App owner in most cases.

What type of script are you thinking of here?

Cheers

Badge +4

Hi @athasanka ,

Normal end user accounts are not created as Oracle user accounts in IFS Cloud. They will only live in IAM registry. Any scripts that needs to go in to the database would need to go in as App owner in most cases.

What type of script are you thinking of here?

Cheers

Hi Sajith,

It is a custom event that triggers a background job. The background job executes a procedure in a custom api.

The background job gets triggerd as the end user’s username. It gets executed without an error, but don’t see the result (create a Work Task assignment in this case). If I run the same call under IFSAPP it executes with the desired result. Sounds like the data is not fetching for the user for a view, similar to user_allowed_site_pub, but couldn’t find what.

This was lot easier to diagnose in apps9 as the front end and back end log ons are the same for end users. 

Was thinking - if I alter the PL Sql session while logged in as IFSAPP and impersonate as the end user - will that do the trick?

Cheers,

Asanka

Badge +4

Badge +4

Hi @athasanka ,

If you have the SQL developer installed, try out like below to login in the Database connection:

host:PORT/SID or SERVICE

Note: if you don’t know the credentials, It’s not possible to get access to the DB. In that case, please get the access to the DB via the Build Place. 

Also, refer to the below link for the step by step connection process,

https://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=en/database/oracle/sql-developer/23.1&id=RPTUG-GUID-3548F659-BB53-466A-849A-DFC0EB60B1E4

Thanks,

Vageesan

Hi Vageesan, my query was around the IFS application user vs their Oracle counterpart, and not about how to log on to the developer tool. 

Cheers.