Export to Excel option of Quick Reports unavailable in APPS10 navigator

• 2 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Hi.. 

In APP 09 the “Export to Excel” option is available when RMB in the navigator for quick reports.

Recently noticed that the “Export to Excel” option is missing in APP 10

Is this option removed from APP 10 or is there any way to enable it? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Do you have Output Channels setup in V10?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@ShawnBerk Thank you for the reply. I’m not sure about it and is there any way to find it out? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I did a little more looking in V9, and I am probably mis-leading you with the output channel setup, as the action from the navigator is using a different API than the Output channel to start the report .

Either RMB (View Report or Export to Excel) uses the same API method to start the report.

begin QUICK_REPORT_API.Get_Parameter_Info__( :columns, :info); end;

But there is a weblogic call for the report output.  I was going to suggest checking to see if that permission was enabled, but I didn’t find what might be missing to check.  Often times from version to version, IFS will reset permissions for certain functions and they have to be regranted.  It may be that the removed this one altogether, but I didn’t think IEE changed that much from V9 to V10.

Sorry I’m not giving you a quick yes or no, maybe someone else with V10 can comment on the availability of the function and if so which permission grant to turn back on to make it appear.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for your time and explanation @ShawnBerk . 👍🏻