Solved

Do User Roles and Permissions Set Change from APPS10 to Apps10 Aurena?

• 4 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Do User Roles and Permissions Set Change from APPS10 to Apps10 Aurena?  Does the move from Apps10 to Apps10 Aurena require changing the User Roles and Permissions Sets that were already established in Apps10 Release 2?

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 4 September 2020, 22:04

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Barbara,

If you are moving from using IFS Enterprise Explorer to IFS Aurena you will need to update your current permissions to utilize projections.  The IFS Aurena client utilizes the permissions under the projections.  If you are updating the permissions from IFS Enterprise Explorer you can click on the tab on the permissions screen called Projections.   We have only just begun to utilize Aurena in a testing environment.  You will also have to update the Aurena pages to include any custom fields you’ve added in IFS Enterprise Explorer.

Thank you,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

William, 

Thanks for your reply.  How long do you think the conversion should take when you only have a few User Roles assigned, mostly in the Supply Chain Module.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Barbara,

It’s really hard to estimate how much time it would take to create permission sets for Aurena even if its only in on module.  It really depends on the experience level of the individual performing the task.  I’ve only created a couple of simple permission sets for Aurena which took a few hours due to my learning how projections are put together.  I also defined the Aurena permissions from IFS Enterprise Explorer but it may be simpler if you perform the task from within Aurena itself but I haven’t attempted this yet.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

William is right on the “working form Aurena on projections is quicker”

This is because you can do a multiselect of project in Aurena, where in IEE you can't.

But it is a time consuming task including proper testing… Not having to set it up from scratch since you've already got your permission sets in IEE saves a lot of time. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@MR10  We will shortly start the transition as well.

What do you mean with “not having to set it up from scratch … saves a lot of time”? We have roughly 100 permission sets what would need to be retranslated to Aurena, and we just don’t see this being done manually.

Any conversion ideas are highly valued.

Thanks

Dominik

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

What I meant is that you already have a basis on what you need to construct in Aurena.

• (You can have the IEE permissions in one and the Projections in the other screen.)

But I'm not aware of automatic transfer of permission sets from IEE to Aurena.

also see this topic;

IEE Permission set to Aurena | IFS Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@MR10 

Thats what I was worried about. Yes we already know which role needs what screens/functions, but to click this all together again is crazy time consuming

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Dominik, 

Agree and not the most exhilarating work, but writing a script for it is nearly impossible with the comments made in the other topic. Wish I could give you an easier way out, but I think a noise cancelling headset and a counting donut chart in Excel is the best I can propose.