Solved

Delivery packages on Apps9 Remote upgrade

• 27 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We are upgrading from Apps9 to IFSCloud but run into issues trying to get the database to upgrade. The only upgrade that works is from the original Buid-Home on 22.1.4 but it was my understandign that recreating the build-home would allow me to upgrade directly to 22.2.4 without going through the intervening steps, however all I get is database errors, especially in INSTALLATION_SYS and DATABASE_SYS as if its missing data in the build

I can upgrade the inital 22.1.4 build but I have to use the --set deliveryValidationEnabled=false parameter as my baseline delivery IDs are mismatching and I’m unsure what the purpose of the deliveries without Baselines is.

I’m sure I am missing a part of the process but not sure which part so any advice would be great.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 6 February 2023, 00:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

In our experience, IFS only does this work once to create the initial uplift version and from that point onward, that is what you have to use as the starting point.  You can’t later start at a higher version to skip over steps.  The only way to do that is to start all over again with having IFS do the initial uplift.  This is something that isn’t made clear in the initial stages of setting up the build place.

It is possible to get them to redo it later, but they are very likely to charge for this additional work as the initial uplift time is only included once in the upgrade package.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I think the confusion is centred arround this part of the Technical Documentation:

Buildhome and Delivery Creation during Upgrade iterations for Customers Upgrading to IFS Cloud from Previous IFS Application Versions

Build home creation is handled by using a tested sanity tag of the customer solution repository. The build home thus created can be uses as input to the Upgrade build home creation required when upgrading to IFS Cloud from earlier releases of IFS Applications.

Creating Buildhome - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Thanks for your assistance.