Question

APS 9 to APS 10 Delta

• 18 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 8 replies

Does any or can anyone point me in the direction of the delta between APS9 to APS 10 conversion/implementation.  I heard one of our departments say its is minor but from some of the threads I have read contradicts this.  Thanks in advance.

M

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There is significant detail here, but it is hard to navigate through it and provide a general consensus.

At a very high level, if you upgrade from V9 to V10 and use only the IEE user interface, the conversion is relatively straightforward and it is not a big change for the users.  

If you implement anything in V10 using the Aurena interface, then things get different and hard very fast.  There are many things missing in the Aurena interface in V10, so it is not possible to follow a full solution using Arena in version 10.  IEE ends with V10, so at some point, there has to be a move in this direction.  Staying with V10 IEE buys you a little time in the way of support, but the change to Aurena is inevitable.

IFS Cloud doesn’t not have IEE as an option and while Aurena is more fully featured than in V10, it still isn’t a full replacement for V9 yet if you have been on V9 for a while and have fully used many of the features within it.

This is a tough decision to be sure, one that took us 6 months to make, but even doing so, it hasn’t made the road to get to IFS Cloud (Aurena) one bit easier.

Badge +3

Thank you for the response.