Solved

0x80004004 Error

• 1 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Has any one had a 0x80004004 error when opening the BA client. We are on Apps 9. Only 1 user but typically it is senior finance at month end.

Screen shot attached

icon

Best answer by Matthew 4 October 2021, 12:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge +15

Hi @Matthew,

The issue seems to be due to the BA Add-in not getting loaded into excel when BA Client is Started.

Try to open normal Excel Application and then manually load the BA Add-in into Excel

Step 1 : Open Excel Application with a Blank Work Book

Step 2 : Go to File-> Options

Step 3 : Go to Add-Ins Window and then under Manage Combo Box Select Com Add-ins and Click Go

Step 4 : Check the IFS Business Analytics Addin and Click ok (If the add-in was already checked uncheck click ok and then again check it and click ok)

Step 5 : Close Excel and try to open the BA Client to see if the error is resolved once the add-in was manually added

If this solves your question, kindly mark it as Best Answer is it could greatly help another member in the community.

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi - The box was unticked and i ticked it, but a restart of excel did not work - the box became unticked when the BA client restarted. I am now uninstalling BA and also Office - to see if a fresh install helps. Any other thoughts? We are on Office 365.

Thanks,

Badge +15

Hi @Matthew ,

Yes, in that case try to install BA from the MSI file and check if that solves the issue.

Please note before installing from the MSI client uninstall the click once version and if possible restart the machine as well.

This is because ,if you do without restarting the machine  sometimes, BA Client doesn’t get completely removed.

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

That didn’t work - but your suggestion above got me on the right track.

I needed to Go under File -> Options -> Addins -> at the bottom you'll see Manage, select Disabled Items, click GO, then enable the COM addin. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/530631/how-to-troubleshoot-why-excel-disables-an-add-in

Seems to be working now.

Thanks for the point in the right direction

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Matthew,

Open normal Excel Application and then manually load the BA Add-in into Excel, please see below screen shots for the detailed steps.

Step 1: Open Excel Application with a Blank Work Book

Step 2: Go to File-> Options as shown below

Step 3: Go to Add-Ins Window and then under Manage Combo Box Select Com Add-ins and Click Go as shown below

Step 4: Check the IFS Business Analytics Add-in and Click ok (If the add-in was already checked uncheck click ok and then again check it and click ok)

Step 5: Close Excel and try to open the BA Client to see if the error is resolved once the add-in was manually added

If the above doesn’t solve the issue, then please check if any new add-ins were installed recently as this could cause issues with the BA Add-in.    If there are any, please try to disable these temporarily then see if the BACL works.