I Can't Login To IFS Report Designer v.10

• 7 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
  • Hero (Employee)
  • 60 replies

Hello,

Let me know how can i login to IFS Report Designer. I am using ip as https// + ip + : + port + / format like opening for standart client.

So why i cant login the report designer? What is the prerequirements for ifs report designer? Which steps i have to follow for the solution?

Details in pictures like below.

Best regards.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi,

What you are doing is correct.

Do you see the icon below?  If so, Report Designer has connected successfully.  The next step is to open a report using this option.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

My hero is came @paul harland , Hi btw,

Yes i see that icon but when i use that button it is doing nothing. Zero impact. Probably everything is correct but i am not connected to database somehow.

You can see what is the last situation after connection process like below.

I checked my java so its last version. So what is the next step to control you think?

Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hmm.

what about if you hit the new button - same result?

Looks like a connectivity issue.  One for IFS Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @0guz ,

Have you tried logging into Report Designer using IFSAPP user?

We are unable to log into Report Designer either using our normal users but we are able to connect using the IFSAPP users.  We haven’t discussed our case with IFS as yet but we suspect Report Designer login doesn’t support using SSO and Azure AD which we utilize for all users except the built int users.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

hmm.

what about if you hit the new button - same result?

Looks like a connectivity issue.  One for IFS Support

Hi @paul harland, yes unfortunately same result.. like below.

Hi @0guz ,

Have you tried logging into Report Designer using IFSAPP user?

We are unable to log into Report Designer either using our normal users but we are able to connect using the IFSAPP users.  We haven’t discussed our case with IFS as yet but we suspect Report Designer login doesn’t support using SSO and Azure AD which we utilize for all users except the built int users.

Regards,

William Klotz

@william.klotz Hi William. Yes, i used IFSAPP account on this case.  Therefore,

• I tried to setup ifs report designer again on my system but i was not see that program on the add-remove programs screen at windows 10, so i just deleted the folder on C/program files x86/ifs/report designer 10. I am not sure about this, maybe i should delete all information about report designer before the reinstall, somehow.
  • I tried different IFS databases v10 and v9 to connect, but same results.
  • I checked my JAVA so its last released.

Any idea?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Finally i solved the login problem. I deleted everything about microsoft sql server 2012 etc. than i deleted report designer folder and reinstalled. When opening certification screen i approved, than i found the approved certification folder at report designer path and i registered to safety certification to windows. I cant say to spesificially step of solution for future, because i did not these step by step.

So i fetched successfully what i want to get report from database, but now when i trying to Preview report with result key (ofc after deploy) i got error like below. Its mean bla bla.pdf doesnt found by system! 

Best Regards.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, solved the last problem about transform error. Explaining;

1. Create a layout first from ifs ie (Not review)
  2. Fetch to designer
  3. Preview from designer

Best Regards.