Question

Access LCS Data

• 13 February 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I have noticed that with access to the Service Centre I can no longer access LCS data.

Is this possible to re-enable?

The data there is invaluable to speeding up resolutions of case that IFS Support are looking at.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Matthew Can you kindly elaborate what kind of LCS data you are referring to?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

For example I was able to find information on Solution 301637 BUG ID 163676.

Is there a similar repository of historic bug / case fixes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Matthew you can view your company historic cases through the IFS Service Center using the ‘Legacy G Cases’ view.

But we do not have a capability in IFS Service Center which allow you to search LCS solutions or bug ids.
In IFS Service Center, we are taking a knowledge centered service approach, meaning we intend to create KBA for known errors and then customers are able to search for these known errors via a search in the IFS Service Center.

We are populating the IFS Service Center knowledgebase with KBAs as we resolve cases that are currently active in IFS Service Center. By doing so we can keep the content current.

While looking at an old case from your company if you feel a need to read about an LCS bug id mentioned there, please create a new case and ask IFS to share details of that old LCS bug id. Our Service Desk will then be able to help you read it’s content either by sharing it’s content on the case or by creating a new KBA for that LCS bug id.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

That is a shame - as by searching LCS for my symptoms to view Bug IDs -  I was able to identify that Support had provided the wrong patch. I’m not sure how much more hair I would have lost had I had to go back and forth more.

Do Support have access to legacy data?

Can you define current - as with IFS Cloud you can be two years out of date and be supported, with Apps10 I do not believe there is a limit. So this valuable resource  has been lost to Customers (and Partners I would presume)

Many thanks,

Matthew

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

By ‘keep the content current’ what I meant was, we will be creating knowledge articles for errors that are being sought or encountered by customers since the launch of IFS Service Center.
And yes, IFS does have access to legacy data.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

That is a shame - as by searching LCS for my symptoms to view Bug IDs -  I was able to identify that Support had provided the wrong patch. I’m not sure how much more hair I would have lost had I had to go back and forth more.

Do Support have access to legacy data?

Can you define current - as with IFS Cloud you can be two years out of date and be supported, with Apps10 I do not believe there is a limit. So this valuable resource  has been lost to Customers (and Partners I would presume)

Many thanks,

Matthew

Agree with Matthew, Losing access to published solutions is a loss of valuable knowledge. Missing access to view Bug IDs is making it difficult for us to find existing corrections. Good if the published solutions can be migrated to new customer knowledge base.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

A key concept of KCS methodology is to create and evolve content based on demand and usage. That is why we are not migrating all available knowledge out there (In this conversation ‘published LCS solutions, which also needs to be converted to knowledge), but allow the knowledge to accumulate based on the demand and usage for that piece of information.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Another major issue we face with legacy G Cases from LCS is, that documents saved as attachments can not be viewed / downloaded from CSM.

We are in the process to initiate an upgrade project ot IFS cloud and require access to LCS attachments for all those legacy G cases that were created 4 years ago during Upgrade to IFS10.

Are there any plans to make attachments available to download for legacy G cases?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@JohannesWittwer IFS has identified your observation as a defect and is working on a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello All 

I myself have also experienced all the concerns raised in this thread. 

1. Sometime back searching through the knowledgebase confirmed me that IFS Support had suggested the wrong patch. I was able to correct that just in time. 
  2. Attachments in legacy cases are not accessible [Case CS0077662 was raised by us for this sometime back] 

Dear @Kanishka Wasalagedara  Can you kindly le me know how much IFS has progressed in terms of the migration of the knowledgebase to search bugs and solutions? 

Right now I have access to this, but the search results seem to be limited: 
    Knowledge Base - Service Center (ifs.com)

That’s it right? 

Thanks,
    Asela
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Remember it’s all about the ‘Moment of Service’ - which would be true if IFS Support knew it all in an instant.

Glad to see I’m not the only one with concerns.