Skip to main content
Question

About Retirement at IFSCloud

• 12 June 2024
  • 2 replies

IFSCloud's support policy states that it will be retired after two years from release.
What support will I not receive after retirement?

Will I lose all the support listed in Scope of Support Models?

For example,
/Acceptance of Cases for new Errors

/Right to existing Fixes and Improvements from the Standard Support Period

The Support Period for Releases of IFS Application Software products with a Continuous Support model is set out in Continuous Support Model above. Releases of such products are considered to be retired when the Support Period for the Release ends.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ERSA normally in IFS Cloud, the fixes are provided in incremental Service Updates. 

So, every year there will be 2 major releases (Spring and Autumn) - Release Updates → 24R1 → 24R2

In between major releases, there will be monthly fixes released as Service Updates → 24R1.0 → 24R1.1

Basically, whenever a customer reports a bug let’s say in 24.1.0 (cause this is the most recent RU), IFS R&D will port that fix the issue in the next Service Update of the last 4 releases (23R2 / 23R1 / 22R2 / 22R1). The customers will benefit from the fix by applying that monthly Service Update. If you are on 21R2 then you will not benefit from the fix unless you do a Release Update to at least 22R1.

Applying the Release Update is a quite straightforward process. The effort is way less than an old upgrade from App8 to Apps9 for example.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Marcel.Ausan 

Hi

Thank you for your response.
I understand that applying RU properly is the right thing to do.

For example, I think 21R2 is currently out of support.
If the customer does not apply RU, what happens to the support they receive from IFS?
(Will we get support to the extent of limited support for Apps?)

I am concerned about the following support available.

For example, 
/Acceptance of Cases for new Errors

/Right to existing Fixes and Improvements from the Standard Support Period