Question

Work Order without a service contract

• 28 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

We’re one IFS Cloud One 23.1. One of our business unit does autopsies on membranes used for water treatment. They don’t have any service contract with customers, out of the blue customers simply raise a PO and send their membrane in for autopsies, once the autopsies are done the membranes are discarted. What I would like to do is generate a work order or shop order from the customer so the employees can clock their time and use consumables on the WO or SO without putting anything in stock at the end. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and happy new year in advance !

3 replies

Userlevel 7

A Service Contract is not mandatory on a Work Order (or Work Task). Where are you getting stuck?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

At creating the WO when releasing the customer order, I tried using a non-inventory parts and selecting service order in the supply code but I had an error message stating that the service order supply code is not allowed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

As I understood your requirement, you can transfer the work performed and/or any other additional invoiceable amount and invoice those to the customer through a Work Order. You can use “Invoice Preview” to generate the CO from the WO. The CO can later be used to create the Customer Invoice. When transferred sales lines from WO to CO, CO line Supply Code = “Service Order”, Demand Code = “Work Order” and WO no is in Order Ref 1.

For more info check the activity diagram - “4.17 Request Management” in IFS Cloud Documentations Business Models.

Hope this helps !