Question

When printing the Shipment Pro Forma Invoice, the Number/Date format sometimes changes to the correct Number/Date format of the receiving country and sometimes it does not.

• 25 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi, 

Problem: When printing the Shipment Pro Forma Invoice, the Number/Date format sometimes changes to the correct Number/Date format of the receiving country and sometimes it does not.

What factors makes this Number/Date format change for the Pro Forma Invoice and Is there a way to automatically change the Number/Date Format option? The language for this Shipment Invoice is by default en, but the number and date formats can change. There does not seem to be an option in the report rule to control the Number/Date Format.

Test 1: Printing Shipments from FI10, Receiver still in Finland gets the fi-FI when printing.

Test 2: Printing Invoice Shipment from DK10, Receiver is also in Receiver ID in from Sweden, but the default Number/Date Format is in en-US.

Thanks 

Manjari 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Manjari Nigamuni ,

Language code normally taken from below location for the proforma invoice. Number/Date format also fetch according to the language unless if system specifically pass  LOCALE_LANGUAGE and LOCALE_COUNTRY values. I didn’t notice any place to set LOCALE_LANGUAGE and LOCALE_COUNTRY in the core shipment  proforma invoice  logic. Then the only place I guess is report rule.

I suggest you to check the below property in the report rule if there is a enables report rule for this particular report

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna They have that customized report for Shipment Proforma. But probably it has the same case. There is only one language used in Shipment Proforma Invoice so it should be possible to create rule for that to get some globally accepted formatting?

Thanks 

Manjari