Question

update custom field in customer orders page

• 23 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello Community,

I have added 2 custom fields to customer orders page.

my issue is: the users cannot update custom field if one of the stage billings approved.  

even if customer order status is released. this is the message we faced:

Is there a way to update these fields or not?

thanks..

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yeah, that seems to be a new problem with IFS Cloud.

In IEE versions, custom fields could be updated even when the object was closed/invoiced, but now, updating any custom field connected to the configuration doesn’t seem possible.

It has caused us to have to rethink process flows that worked prior to Aurena because updates to these custom fields were needed AFTER orders were delivered/invoiced.  Solution not found yet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

thanks for this reply.

Did you discuss this with IFS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, and it is a known behavior in Aurena, one which they didn’t even seem to realize was different to IEE.  In fact, they didn’t really understand why a business would want to build a process around a closed object.

One of our use cases is export shipments that need to be tracked from the point of shipment in the US/UK, through to customs in China, then triggering the service installation call to coincide with the system arrival at the customer.  The installation status is tracked (as an update from the service side) and then back to AR to make sure that all of the final acceptance and final payment is completed.  All of this was done on a custom tab in IEE.  In Aurena, if the custom tab is tied to a customer order page, then the tab can’t be updated at all after the order is closed.  It is a real problem.  

I’ve checked the idea wall and don’t see anything there, I probably should have added this a while ago, but had no expecation that IFS cared or was going to pursue fixing it.  We assumed we would find another way around it, but other things have gotten in the way.  I did find this interesting conversation from just 16 hrs ago where an IFS employee offered a hack to get around the validation that occurs when the custom field is updated.  On paper it looks promising as a solution.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It will be great if this update on validation solved the issue.

Thank you very much for these details and put this conversation here.