Question

unpeg Po line via change order

• 12 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

We are planning to use “Enforce creation of PO change order option “ at site level , to restrict users to modify approved PO.

While doing testing , i have noticed that unpeg of PO line is not possible , if the option is enabled and IFS restricting to create change order . But on change order , unpeg option is not available.

Can anyone please suggest how to unpeg the Po line via change order.

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @kamal 

is the context menu “unpeg” not available or is it deactivated?

Note: It shoulb be avaialbe for each position. Not with rmt on header.

@Link  Thank you for the quick response .
There is option ”unpeg” available on PO lines but not available on Purchase order Change order lines/header.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kamal, yes your observation is correct. 

In this situation you will need to unpeg from the object. For example, if the PO was connected to a CO - you need to initiate the unpegging from the CO - by using Manual Pegging window. 

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura  Appreciate your quick response.
I have unpegged the PO line from the connected object that is customer order line.

However , one thing i have noticed here, if we unpeg the the Po from CO lines , then CO getting unlinked from PO but PO is still connected to CO and the source of demand is still showing .
I mean the demand code on PO line is not changing from ex - Cust Order Dir to Invent Order.

Hence the reason i was trying to unpeg the line from PO lines rather than CO lines.  

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kamal, Then it seems your PO Order Code is 4. Is that right? That should be the reason. Even without POCO, you will find the same observation. 

However, if you peg a PO with a CO manually, then you can successfully unpeg as I wrote earlier. However, when the PO is created from a CO automatically, it is bit complex. 

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura  My scenario is with PO order code 1 and demand code =’Cust Order Dir”.

I have tried unpeg option on PO lines for Demand code =’Cust Order Trans” , its working without asking to created PO change order . It seems IFS enforcing to create Po change order for the PO line with demand code = Cust order Dir . Not sure the reason for this.