Question

Unattaching top parent handling units in shipment

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

We’re trying to pick top parent handling units ( with several handling units as children underneath) for shipments and unfortunately the top parent HU get unattached but the children get picked for the shipment. Does anyone have experience with top parent handling units and may have encountered this as well? Looking for suggestions on why the top parents are getting unattached.

We are in IFSAPP10.

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

If you do picking of the parent Handling Unit it should be connected as is with sub Handling Units to the shipment. Not sure exactly the way you are doing the reporting in this case though, if you report on the parts in the Details tab, for the parent Handling Unit or the entire pick list?

Spontaneously it feels as something you should report to the IFS Support.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Badge +2

Hi Fredrik,

Thank you for the response. We are manually reserving each handling unit on the top parent and then RMB in the header to “report reserved quantities as picked” per handling unit set. Unfortunately the detaching doesn’t happen every single time. so it’s difficult to figure out what’s happening.

We shall report to IFS Support as soon as we can figure out how to recreate in a test environment :)

Thanks,

Anshita

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Report Reserved as Picked will only work if all the content on the parent and child handling units is reserved by the same demand line i.e. same customer order line. Not sure if you are manually reserving multiple customer order lines until all material on the entire parent and child handing unit structure is reserved and then use report reserved as picked? In that case I would recommend to create pick list and report pick the parent HU in the pick list.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Badge +2

we are only picking one parent HU per customer order line as our HU from production contain only one part number. If we need to mixed parts on a HU, we build the HU structure after picking within the shipment.  The detaching seems to be happening when we perform the pick. I’ll keep investigating. Thank you!