Question

Shop Order Statistic Dates

• 16 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

We are trying to calculate our on time delivery for our shop orders. To do this we would like to compare the actual close date to the planned finish date that was entered when the shop order was actually started. Is the “Finish Date” in shop order statistics “locked” when the shop order starts or is it the last recorded finish date? It is not really relevant for us to compare the actual close date to a corrected finish date that updates during the build process.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rasmusk ,

Finish Date in the shop order is the date on which the shop order is scheduled to finish. This date will change if you re-scheduled the shop order or any of the operations.

You can use the need date in the shop order ( if the orders are backward scheduled), this date wont get updated either when orders or operations are re-scheduled.

Need Date is the date when the parts need to be received in inventory to satisfy the demand.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +1

Hi @rasmusk ,

Finish Date in the shop order is the date on which the shop order is scheduled to finish. This date will change if you re-scheduled the shop order or any of the operations.

You can use the need date in the shop order ( if the orders are backward scheduled), this date wont get updated either when orders or operations are re-scheduled.

Need Date is the date when the parts need to be received in inventory to satisfy the demand.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Thank you for the answer! I know what the finish date in the shop order is. We can’t use need date and finish date to calculate OTD since need date is often used to reschedule a already started shop order )(I know it’s wrong, but that’s how it has been here for a while).The finish date in shop order is not the same as in “Shop Order Statistics”. The data in shop order statistics is frozen sometime during, before or after the Shop order is started but I don’t know when. So that’s what I’m wondering. 

Regards

Rasmus

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rasmusk ,

The Start Date & Finish Date in the shop order statistics will be frozen when the shop order is Released.

Event though you changes these date during the planned status , the original dates will be shown in shop order statistics after releasing the order

For example : Initially the start date is 17/05/2023 & Finish Date as  19/05/2022

Now if you change these date when the shop order in planned state like start date is 18/05/2023 & Finish Date as  22/05/2022, then order statistics will show this date 

When you release the shop order then the original dates are shown in order statistics (start date is 17/05/2023 & Finish Date as  19/05/2022)

So this will help you to monitor the shop order performance based on original dates.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V