Question

Shipment Order - Demand and Supply in Planning Engines

• 21 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Does anyone know whether Shipment Orders can be automatically generated in Planning  ?? Eg MRP generating Shipment Orders to move stock between sites instead of DOs for an instance. If so where can I set up the basic data ? 

I know for a fact that existing Shipment Orders will be taken into account by the planning engines as supply/demand.

This question is more on the need to use Shipment orders instead of DOs for inter-site stock movement in a global supply chain set up. However I need MRP or MSL1 to generate Shipment Orders instead of DOs when the planinng cycle is run. Is this possible ? We are looking at 23R1 implementation.

Thanks in Advance!

Kind Regards

Yashodha

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Yashoda,

For the moment the planning engines like MRP etc doesn’t have the possibility to generate Shipment Orders instead of Distribution Orders. It has been discussed and is placed on the roadmap but still not prioritized.

It would be appreciated if you could elaborate around this potential new feature. What is the benfits as you see it? Is it simplify the handling of the basic data, more? How would you like to maintain which site that supplies another (supplier for purchase part will not be possible as we don’t require this)? Would you like to source only form one site or multiple sites? I am asking these questions to get some more input for our roadmap and potentially prioritize this.

Note that in case we do this it will only be in the intra-company scenario as the Shipment Order is only used intra-company.

Best Regards

Fredrik