Question

Sales Quotation Revisions and configuration IDs (CTO)

• 23 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

IFS Could.

Sales Quotations can have multiple revisions. In the scenario in which we have a configurable part in the sales quotation lines, if the configuration is changed after releasing and printing, a new revision is automatically created. A client could decide, after 10 revisions were printed and sent to them, to place an order based on the configuration created on revision number 1, and not the latest revision. In my example below this is configuration ID 766.

Quotation Line History only shows an overview screen without possibility of navigating to the Configuration ID. There is also no possibility of going back to see previous configuration and flick through revisions (this is possible for Business Opps and Sales Contracts), all we can do is read the changes from this history window.

In configuration Specification, config ID 766 doesn’t exist

Also, doesn’t look used

If I create a new line (by duplicating the one line on the quote) to use the functionality ‘Copy From’ to be able to apply that configuration ID 766

It is not found.

Is IFS not saving all configurations created and quoted?

Any experience, IFS cases raised, or solution on this topic would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Alice

2 replies

Badge

I have a customer with a similar request. Would be very interested to see a IFS Solution to choose a configuration of a previous revision in a sales quotation line and/or swith between saved revisions in a sales quotation. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Rose-Linde ,

Did you find any solution/fix when the customer is unable to copy the existing configuration ID to the sales quotation line after adding a new line with the same configured part using copy form? Tested this in IFS 21.R2.SU20 and unable to observe such an error.

Regards,

Nikila