Question

RRP/Period template maintenance

• 19 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello

We are trying to run RRP for more than 60 weeks (periods) but it will only return 60 periods of data. The parameters we need are 66 weeks of data. I have checked the calendars related to each of the period templates for each site are extended past the end requirement, same with the period template themselves. Planning Units in weeks also extend into the future past the required date. 

Is there a maximum number of periods we can see in RRP? Is there any way to increase the number?

Thankyou

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello Abi,

It is true that there is a limit that the RRP graphs displays max 60 periods. Do you really need granularity on Week level more than 60 periods? The graphs will be cluttered with data points! If you switch to months… will that work for you? Under the hood the RRP calculation itself handles more than 60 periods, but not the graphs. It is a limitation. If you want >60 weekly periods, I understand your frustration…. You can always create an Idea here in the Community.

One workaround, might be to create a period template that for example consist of let say 50 periods with ‘unit = Week’, then on the same template you add like 3-4 periods of ‘unit = Month’. I haven’t tied that but it should work.

Best Regards,

Mats at IFS R&D 

Badge +1

Hi Mats, thank you so much for responding, we will go back to our manager who the request has come from and explain the limitations. I will try the work around if they really do require the data at this level for more than 60 periods. As a business we look out for a 2 year period and had the data in weekly buckets pre launching IFS.