Question

Rounding values in the Master Schedule screen

• 18 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hello All, maybe a simple question for you. In the attached picture you see a snapshot of my master schedule of a packaging item. Because of the usage in BOM (this item for instance contains 6 pcs in the outer carton resulting in a usage of 0,1667 per item) it causes the data in the MS to be hard to read. I am looking for a way to round all to zero digits after the comma. I have tried to manipulate the field “QTY CALC ROUNDING” in the Inventory part section “Weight, Volume and Quantities” but this has no effect in the MS. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Best regards

Carlo Koenders

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Carlo,

I can see that you have some customizations in the header portion of the screen…

Anyway, that starting balance with lots of decimals values creates a problem for you. 

Perhaps we in Core can improve situation here by using Inventory Part Calc Rounding field or  the rounding field in the Master Schedule Level 1 Part page itself.

If possible, it would be great if you can create an Idea here in IFS Community.

Cheers 

Badge +6

Hello Majose,

I tried the Inventory Part Calc Rounding field, which had no result and I cannot find the rounding field in the Master Schedule itself does not exist (or it exists and I could not find it)

Best regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Here is the Qty Calc Rounding field on the level 1part, but that one is today only used to get rid of decimals when dis-aggregating forecasts on MS Level 0 (Product family forecast) to MS Level 1.

I mean that you can enter an Idea for future improvements so that we can consider this when improving the solution. You will not benify from it now, but perhaps in one year from now.

Regards,

Mats at RnD

Badge +6

So you can consider this to be an improvement for future releases…😁

Badge +3

hello @koenders ,

It seems to be a bug as the rounding procedure looks as follow:

in plain English: round quantity and add (10 power -1) which means that it always adds 1 when rounding is set to zero

Regards,

Kajetan