Question

Rental Management - External Hire

• 4 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Environment: IFS Cloud

Hi

I have a scenario whereby a Project is created on Company A. Theres a requirement for External Rental of equipment from Supplier 123. However Supplier 123 only has an account setup with Company B.  

Driving the demand and supply through the Project on Company A, is it possible to create a Rental to Supplier 123 from the Project?

This is straight forward with Material, as we can create an Interco PO & CO from Company A to Company B and have a back to back PO created from the CO (Purch Order DIR) to the external vendor and Register a Direct Delivery. 

With Rentals, Im not sure whether this is possible? Has anybody faced this scenario in the past? Ideally, we do not want to create an admin burden with Interco transfers but im open to options here. 

Thanks

James

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @WyrJamesG sounds to me like you’re looking for a solution similar to the one proposed in this idea, isn’t it?

Issue / Rent Parts to Project | IFS Community

If yes, it looks like I managed to gather enough upvotes for that and IFS Product Management has started working on it [Status: Accepted]