Solved

Register Arrival (into inventory) for self-billing without Receipt Reference

• 19 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Communiy,

I have experience the below system behavior in Register Arrival on 24.1E environment.

When I enter ‘Register Arrival’ for PO line with self-billing, Receipt Reference is NOT required.

The generated PO supplier invoice has an invoice numbe which comes from counter of ‘AS’ Series ID instead of Receipt Reference.

However, if I use different compnay/site in the same envrionment, I can not reprodue this case by using the same pruchase part and supplier. I was required to enter Receipt Reference when I enter arrival registration in this case.

Do you have any idea how can I make self-billing PO invoice without Receipt Reference?

The below screen shot describes self-billing invoice generated from PO receipt. This one has AUTSUPPINV invoice type and but  Receipt Reference is NOT required.

Regards,

Kohei Okigami

icon

Best answer by Piyal Perera 19 April 2024, 10:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @koheiokigami ,

If the Company -> Supply Chain Information -> Ownership Transfer Point parameter is set to “Receipt into Inventory”, the “Next Value” in the number series for the self billing invoice series should be used as invoice number instead of the receipt reference. Here the main reason is that there can be several movements from initial arrival for a given Purchase Receipt and in that case the system cannot have the same refrence from the arrival to create multiple invoices which would create duplicate Invocie ids.

regards,

Piyal

Badge +3

Hi Piyal,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I got your point and I could verify the actual system behavior by using Ownership Transfer Point parameter with Receipt into Inventory” in the different Company.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Kohei Okigami