Question

Quality Control at Supplier

• 12 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I can’t find answers to my problem.

One of our customer asked us if it is possible to perform a quality check of inventory parts at the supplier storage.

So the main question is : Can the supplier perform a quality control before shipping, that will be linked with IFS Cloud ? We tried to find this option in B2B module but no options regarding this case are available.

For now we are working with 22R2 maybe this option is available in 23R1, I don’t know …

Thank you for any answers

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

One potential option could be to use the so called multi-leg inbound logistics feature that came in 22R2? You could then establish a Remote Warehouse at the suppliers location and receive the PO into this location and do the inspection there. Then you can use the Shipment Order to ship the material to your location. This could for instance be used if you fill up a container far away and do inspection at the same time. With this solution you take ownership directly at the supplier, perhaps that is not desired in your scenario? Besides there are no B2B features for the supplier. 

Best Regards

Fredrik