Solved

Purchase Order Lines Overview

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

Our purchasing department would like to know if it is intended that the Purchase Order Lines overview screen is not editable? I’m in IT so I have access to everything and I can’t modify this screen. My reasoning I gave her that you can’t do mass changes on this (e.g. change all the dates or change the inspection criteria) is because this view PURCHASE_ORDER_LINES_ALL combines both no part order lines and part order lines views. So maybe because of this and no part order lines having different primary keys than part order lines that maybe this is why? If someone could give me a reason or tell me that this screen is editable and I’m missing something, that would be very helpful.

icon

Best answer by Manoj Balasooriya 18 August 2022, 07:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Anna, Overview screens are meant to be only for viewing the detailed information. Editing the information is now allowed here. The user can search, rearrange or sort how the data are displayed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you for clarifying @Manoj Balasooriya .

Our purchasing department was confused because it seems that most overview screens we’re familiar with have some data that is editable e.g. Customer Order Lines, Inventory Parts, Purchase Parts.

I assumed because the Purchase Order Lines screen combines 2 different views that this is why it wasn’t editable but I think she will accept that this screen is not intended for editing. Although, it would be nice for her to be able to update delivery dates etc in the lines overview.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Has anyone given thought to creating an editable view?

Not all companies use POCO’s for date change - some would like to do swiftly en-masse.

Without the need for custom code.