Solved

Over Tolerance - Purchase Group vs Over Delivery

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Over receipt of PO lines can be controlled at 2 levels of the Purchase Part ‘Over Tolerance% filed at the Purchase Group or ‘Over Delivery’ section highlighted below. 

Either of those is enough  in the setup or are the both needed, say, when I need to control over receipt of PO lines? Does one of them override the other? I am asking because I tried with both the setups to receive several PO lines, the behavior is not consistent. Any confirmation from an IFS Supply Chain expert will be nice. 

icon

Best answer by Malsha Amarasinghe 14 June 2021, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

It works like this;

A- When Perform check = Perform Check > Over Tolerance % in Purchase part, Over Delivery will be fetched to the PO line (even if there is a value in Purchase Group %)

B- When Perform check = Do not Perform Check > No tolerance check

C- When Perform check = Blank > Purchase Group’s tolerance will be fetched. 

And finally check the site, as said in the help text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura I already understand what’s available in the help text. 🙂 I will try to make myself clear. 

I am only interested in the value ‘Perform Check’ with Over Tolerance set as 0% to prevent PO line over receipt. My question is this - since that value is fetched from both Purchase Group as well as ‘Over Delivery’ section (we have Purchase Parts having either of the setup, but not both) can both act on their own to prevent over receipt? I did several tests and cannot come to a conclusion yet - appreciate if you can test too before confirming sir. 

This is the setup I would use in Over Delivery. Same applies to Purch Group. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

In addition to above information, if you keep perform check “ blank” on your purchase part, you have to consider settings on SITE as well , Since then site data will be used.

Further, when it comes to business scenario of having better control over receipt of PO lines, you should consider Actions needed, Since Warnings could be override by user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

Over delivery settings in the Purchase part record has higher priority over the ‘purchase group’ setting.

You can add an over tolerance percentage and set actions for receiving authorized and non-authorized purchase orders as desired. If you set blank as the delivery check, then the system will consider the purchase group settings or the site settings for over delivery.

Hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Malsha

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura I already understand what’s available in the help text. 🙂 I will try to make myself clear. 

I am only interested in the value ‘Perform Check’ with Over Tolerance set as 0% to prevent PO line over receipt. My question is this - since that value is fetched from both Purchase Group as well as ‘Over Delivery’ section (we have Purchase Parts having either of the setup, but not both) can both act on their own to prevent over receipt? I did several tests and cannot come to a conclusion yet - appreciate if you can test too before confirming sir. 

This is the setup I would use in Over Delivery. Same applies to Purch Group. 

Can both act on their own to prevent over receipt?
Yes, unless the Purchase Group is connected to the Purchase Part and Perform Check is kept Blank.
What have you noticed different?
As Xavier said, you can also look into the Site too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

But, if value Perform Check is selected in Purchase part, there is no need of checking the Purchase Group @EnzoFerrari 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

Since your Purchase Parts having either of the setup, but not both. You will not face any issue.

But anyway, if you want to superior setting, you should go with “Over Delivery” data . Yet please make sure not to keep “Perform check” field as blank..

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks IFS team

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Malsha Amarasinghe - short question on this one. Say, if an IFS user has 0% tolerance limit set for either Over delivery section of the Purchase Part or the Purchase Group (and the Site for any missed purchase parts) then tries to raise a PO. Another user can still change the ‘Over Torelance’ % on the PO line and do an over receipt right? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

Yes. It should be possible. The Over tolerance % on the PO line should over ride the value in the Purchase part setting.

Also, even without increasing the tolerance %, if you have set the action to ‘Warning', still you can receive the over delivery after the warning message.

Hope this helps.

Malsha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes of course, I will set it to the ‘Error’ only, not ‘Warning’. I think its a bug in the IFS application to let the user change it at the PO line level when the setup is already done at the Purchase Part. I don’t think that’s flexibility at all :) What do you think?