Question

Order Processing Type is not fetched

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi all,

just discovered that if you add a part requisition line by searching in the supplier column the “Order Proc Type” is not fetched. If you search by part no it is fetched. 

Is this an error or is there an explanation to this?

The Order Processing type is connected to the part no

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @emmanilsson ,

Can you please let me know the product version you are checking. As I check in IFS Cloud 23.2 environment, this behavior is not available.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I can also see similar behavior in 23R1, 23R2 environments when you try to populate the part number using the supplier lookup option within purchase requisition window and when the part is populated using this method the order proc type field does not populate the value in this field.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @emmanilsson ,

Can you please let me know the product version you are checking. As I check in IFS Cloud 23.2 environment, this behavior is not available.

Thanks.

As we are upgrading we have 23R2 in test and the old cloud version in Prod. It works the same in both 

BR

Emma

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @emmanilsson ,

Order Proc Type can be defined in Purchase Part and Supplier for Purchase Part pages. I do think if you define in Supplier for Purchase Part page, the value should retrive along with the corresponding part info.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @emmanilsson ,

Order Proc Type can be defined in Purchase Part and Supplier for Purchase Part pages. I do think if you define in Supplier for Purchase Part page, the value should retrive along with the corresponding part info.

regards,

Piyal

@Piyal Perera I can´t find a connection in Supplier for purchase part? Only in Purchase part. Could you please let me know where to find it as this might be the issue?

Thanks!

Emma

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @emmanilsson

This is latest cloud version

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Piyal Perera I also observed this issue, please consider the following test plan in 23R2

Create an inventory part with type = purchased and then add the Order Proc Type in the Purchase Part. Create a Supplier For Purchase Part.

In the Purchase Requisition, then add the Part No directly in the Purchase Requisition Line and let the system to fetch the supplier, observe that the Order Proc Type is populated even before the line is saved.

Now add a new line again, but this time directly enter the suppler and select the part from the LoV. Observe that the Order Proc Type is not fetched. Save the line but still the Order Proc Type is not to be seen in the line.

Two different behaviors for the same part based on the order of the inputs.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @emmanilsson

This is latest cloud version

@Piyal Perera OK but this is not in 23R2 so the problem will be solved in later versions. Is it working adding the part line from supplier in the latest version and get the order proc type?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

hi @emmanilsson ,

I checked further on this issue.

• yes. When using 24R1, I set supplier for purchase part with value in order Proc Type attribute, then I enter PR line and select a supplier with corresponding part number, then order Proc Type attribute that I defined on supplier for purchase part retrived without any issue.
  • I checked 23R2 as well. The order Proc Type attribute is not available on the supplier for purchase part page.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Piyal Perera Thanks for the confirmation.

@emmanilsson So this is sorted in the next version 24R1. I hope with that the reported case can be closed? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Buddhika Kurera 

Yes you can close that one :)

BR

Emma