Question

No supplier agreement present

• 18 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there ,

User is trying to raise  a PO which is connected to a supplier agreement .The first wanted date is March 2022, the start date of the Supplier agreement  is 01/03/22 but when they want to save to PO line ,it is telling them  there is no agreement present, Suspect since it is  not the start date yet. 

The doubt here is that the user states that there are other POs with similar dates( future supplier agreement date  which doesn't  give any errors

Can i kindly know what could be the issue here .

Thank you in advance

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Udanee 

I believe that by start date of the Supplier agreement you men the valid from date.

According to the definition given by IFS this is the date from which the agreement will be valid. It is not possible to enter a date earlier than today's date.
Hence I suggest you to try the same by changing the valid from date to todays date and let me know the outcome.

Best Regards,
Tharaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you @Dilan Senevirathne , I will check .yes start date .

The issue is that they try to create a PO line now   using a supplier agreement which has a future start date .Is it a possibility ? they say for certain orders it works fine and for some it doesn't  and pops out an error .

Best regards

Udanee 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Udanee 

If the valid from date is a future date the agreement will not be valid until that day. Hence it cannot be used for PO lines. As I suggested please ask the users to change the start date to todays date and see if the agreement can be used in a PO line. 

Further to above make sure other information are correctly entered in the agreement. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka,

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Dilan,

Thanks a lot . I will check with the customer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Udanee 

I believe that by start date of the Supplier agreement you men the valid from date.

According to the definition given by IFS this is the date from which the agreement will be valid. It is not possible to enter a date earlier than today's date.
Hence I suggest you to try the same by changing the valid from date to todays date and let me know the outcome.

Best Regards,
Tharaka

Can anyone explain why we cannot enter a from date earlier than today’s date in supplier agreement?