Solved

No Part Req Lines can be edit in Partially Authorized status.

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi All,

In Purchase Requisition, when a particular No Part Requisition line is in Partially Authorized status, the changes can be made. No error is triggered.

But the same process is done for Part Requisition Lines, error has been triggered.

(updated the Qty as an example)

Would be much appreciated if someone could explain the two different behaviors when the line is in Partially Authorized status. (Our assumption is, when a line is in Partially authorized, the changes are not allowed regardless of the Part/No Part lines)

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 21 November 2023, 10:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

In Purchase Requisition Authorization Rule there is a checkbox called Allow Changes after Authorization. The Allow Changes After Authorization” check box will be used to decide whether the total amount of the authorized or partially authorized purchase requisition can be modified or not. If the check box is unchecked, it won't allow the user to make any changes (ex: quantity, price, conversion factor, etc.) that effects the total amount of the purchase requisition line.

As per your explanation of the issue seems like you have already checked the allow changes after authorization option for your PR rule.

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Nikila Dis ,

Thank you for the reply.

But it is already unticked before doing the changes. However, still you can edit values when the status is Partially Authorized for No Part lines.

When the same authorization rule is fetched to Part Lines, then you can’t edit values and the above-mentioned error is triggered.

I just need to clear out why this error is not triggered for No Part Requisitions Lines.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@HoiLakshG  I would assume this is a bug. I would say the behaviour for Part Lines and No Part Lines should be the same when it comes to authorization and allowed changes when PR is partially authorized. Probably a ticket with IFS Support would be needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Marcel, @HoiLakshG ,

Yes, I checked this behavior in our APPS 10 core environment, and as explained there are two different functionalities for the part and no part purchase requisitions. Better to raise an IFS support case as you mentioned.

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake.