Question

MS Planned Receipts are doubles using Customer Orders with lines that are primary supplier direct.

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I recently filed a case for this issue.  A customer is planning on using MS Level 1 for purchase items as it provides us with the capability of aggregating the . The MS level 1 forecast is imported from a plan customer schedule. The customer’s operations are such that they do direct shipment to the end customer from the supplier. The customer will process a call-off customer schedule that creates customer orders. When the customer orders are released, purchase requisitions pegged to the customer order are created.

The MS recalculation for the MS part is then run. If we do an Inventory Part Availability Planning (IPAP) display, both the purchase requisitions from the customer order AND the planned MS Supply entries are shown, That leads to an incorrect projected quantity available on the display. KR does not intend to create replenishments from the master schedule.

Bill Leedale stated to me: "If you did a “call-off” then when supply is generated, it is supposed to change the status of the MS Receipt to “Supply Generated”. I think where this may be breaking down is you are creating pegged orders? Or because you have no time fences so it is just creating extra supply outside the PTF? Either way the MS Supply is not getting updated to “generated” " .

I’d appreciate some insight from anyone as to how to use MS AND Primary Supplier Direct sales parts. 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Vernon, 

When you write “KR does not intend to create replenishment from Master Schedule”.

1. KR is the customer, correct?
  2. They have the flag Create S/P Req set to “Do not create...”? in the MS Level 1 Part screen?

What version are we talking about here?

When we see this double supply situation it smells like a bug for sure. I think the problem here is that MS does not consider the PO Req Line generated from Customer Order. It just don’t see it. And probably it should.your release the PO Req Line into a Purchase Order Line and then run MS - what happens then in your scenario?

I am actually willing to change some conditions here regarding these reqs generated from Customer Order side, so that we can include them if PO Req Line status is equal or higher than Released. If this PO Req Line becomes visible as a supply then the Level 1 calculation will not create another MS supply.

And then finally, in this scenario whey you just buy things from the supplier and not using MS to generate supplies, what are you using MS for? Is it to share the long term forecast with the supplier?

Best Regards,

Mats